There really is something special about the party season that has just begun. It generally lasts from the middle of November and ends with one big celebration that is New Years Eve; anything shiny is a must have, sequins are the new black and no matter what kind of party you are going to, you will get the chance to dress up properly. And when you do, you have to make sure you wear a matching face. I will therefore dedicate this post to revealing eight of the secrets I find most important behind creating the perfect party makeup.
1. A flawless base
I want to look my absolute best at parties and if that means using overloads primer, correctors, concealer, foundation and powder I am more than willing to do so. To let the spots and dark circles steal the focus from an otherwise incredible appearence would be a waste, if you ask me.
2. Proper shading
Get that on fleek look by putting some effort into your contouring. Chances are the room will be dark, thereby it probably will not hurt to enhance those cheekbones a little extra. I usually go for both cream and powder products on nights out to intensify the effect. Do not spare on the blush either.
3. Highlight to blind
If someone is encouraged to not look directly at the highpoints of your face, you have done something right. Highlighter is essential for creating that perfect party look. As with the contour I prefer to base with a cream product and then put a powder one on top for maximal effect.
To not end up with smudgy lines under your eyes and mediocre shimmer on your lids after an hour or two, I recommend you to use a primer or at least an eyeshadow base.
5. Create an intriguing depth
Shading is just as important around the eyes as in your face. The most important areas to define are the crease, the lash line, the outer v and the lower lash line. Do this right and you will create an intruiging depth that adds mystery and engenders curiousity in your observer.
6. Let it sparkle
As with the highlighter, no party look is complete without sparkle. I realise that I am getting a bit repetitive here, but to really get that eye-catching sparkly shimmer it helps to start with a cream product and then top that off with a powder one. Let it be a thumb rule when it comes to intensifying anything makeup related.
The lips too deserves some shape. This can be achieved in two main ways. One of them is to shade slightly underneath your bottom lip and then highlight your cupid’s bow for maximal effect. The other one is to play with the colours on your actual lips, making them darker where you want to create a shadow and lighter where you want them to pop.
8. Gloss it up
To really tie the look together I like to apply a lip gloss to match the glow, shimmer and sparkle of the face and eyes. There is something luxiourious about the way it reflects the little light there is in the evenings that makes it the perfect final tough of your party look.
- Wet n Wild CoverAll Primer
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Base Corrector Palette
- NYX HD Studio Concealer in Alabaster
- Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Mont Blanc
- MAC Mineralize Concealer in NW15
- IsaDora Matt Fixing Blotting Powder in 00 Colourless
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Cream Contour Palette in Light
- NARS Laguna Bronzer
- Model Co Shimmer Bronzing Powder
- The Balm Hot Mama Blush
- Sleek Highlighting Palette in Cleopatra’s Kiss
- Too Face Shadow Insurance Primer
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette (Chaser, Sauce & En Fuego in crease & under eye, Ashes in outer v & under eye, Ounce in tearduct area)
- Too Faced Le Grand Palais Palette (Wish List on lid, Stiletto along upper lash line)
- L’oréal Paris Miss Baby Roll Mascara
- Brow info here
- L’oréal Color Riche Matte Lipstick in 640 Erotique
- Jane Iredale Lip Liner in Sienna
- Some cheap gloss without a brand (fine is good enough 😉 )
Stay original, gorgeous! xoxo